ASE calls for nominations every year to elect members to become involved in our governance structure: Council, Assembly and national committees. Members are asked to vote for the Chair of the Association.
ASE Charter, Operating Procedures and Strategic Plan
Information about how ASE operates as a professional body, our governance and strategy. The ASE's Governing documents are our charter, bylaws and operating procedures.
- Operating procedures (July 2014)
- Rules of the Association
- Royal Charter and Bylaws
- Strategic Plan 2012 -2017
ASE Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Annual General Meeting Minutes are available for download for the years:
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Association for Science Education will be held ASE ASE Annual Conference 2015 at the University of Reading, for the purpose of transacting the following business:
- To receive, consider and approve the Annual Report of Council.
- To receive, consider and approve the Annual Statement of Accounts.
- To receive the Report of the Quality and Audit Committee.
- To approve a series of Votes of Thanks to be proposed by the Annual Conference Secretary.
- To notify the election of the President for the ensuing year.
- To elect Honorary Members.
- To elect the Auditors.
- To transact any other business which can be considered under the Rules of the Association.
- All members of the Association are entitled to be present and to vote.
ASE Quality and Audit Committee
The Quality and Audit Committee (Q&A) was established to ensure that the Association operates to the benefit of the members. In short, it is the members’ voice within ASE. The Q&A Committee will report to the members at the AGM at ASE Annual Conference. In addition, approved minutes of Q&A meetings are published for all members to read.
ASE Consists of 18 regions in the UK that facilitate and co-ordinate activity for science educators within their area.
- ASE Region Handbook (will be published in May 2014)
- ASE Region forms, templates and guides (zip file) include expense claim forms and documents templates to help run successful events
Key dates for ASE meetings for Assembly, Council and Committees.