Science Tutors (ATSE)
The Association of Tutors in Science Education (ATSE) provides support and interaction for teacher educators (science tutors and mentors) as we help to inspire continuing generations of teachers of science, both primary and secondary.
There are five components of ATSE's support services:
- Conferences – Our annual 3-day conference is at the end of August each year. We hold special day-conferences from time to time and we provide inputs at the ASE annual conference in January.
- Science Teacher Education Journal – Science Teacher Education is a professional journal, published by ASE, for all concerned with the pre-service education, induction and professional development of science teachers. Published three times a year, this journal aims to inform and contribute to the development of science teacher education. Full primary or secondary ASE members who also subscribe to STE are automatically ATSE members.
- Sci-tutors website – Material to read or download especially to support tutors new to science teacher education. It is written by ATSE members and we welcome further contributions.
- ATSE Forum – the discussion area for ATSE members. Please contribute to existing topics or start a new thread.
- ATSE Group – This group is for those interested or involved with teacher education, whether as a PGCE, GTP or SCITT tutor, a school-based mentor or a science teacher involved with helping student/intending teachers. Group pages will display documents, relevant links and news for ASE members who are interested in ATSE.
Our aim is to share professional experience and expertise. Hopefully, as well as provide mutual support in our teaching roles, this can lead to joint initiatives for development, research and bids for funding. ATSE is managed by its committee – elected during the AGM at the annual conference. New committee members are always welcome. Please join in!