Welcome to the Technician section
|ASE Journals||Books for Technicians||Resources||Annual |
EiS features In the Prep Room.
Members receive a discount.
Resources for use on teaching practice are updated frequently.
A wide array lectures and lots of useful teaching resources.
Check out the following features on our website:
- Our regional events and meetings will allow you to network with other practising teachers in the region.
- Stay in the loop - Subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates from the ASE.
- The Laboratory Technicians Group - Group pages will display documents, relevant links and news for ASE members who are interested in Laboratory Technicians. You may choose to view the Laboratory Technicians group materials by clicking ASE Groups, in the My ASE box.
Benefits of ASE Membership
By becoming an ASE member you can apply to become a Registered Science Technician.
How many technicians should there be in our school? What should my pay be? Can you help me with a job description? Where do I find advice about possible health and safety issues? Click here to read the answers to these questions.
A Career Structure for Science Technicians in Schools and Colleges
- A career structure for science technicians in schools and colleges (leaflet)
- CLEAPSS GUIDE G228 - TECHNICIANS
Centres running NVQ courses for technicians
PAA\VQ-SET is a specialist Awarding Body offering vocational qualifications in:
- Business Improvement, Chemical and Pharmaceutical
- Laboratory Operations
- Laundry and Dry Cleaning
- Learning and Development
- Nuclear and Engineering
- Polymers and Signmaking
- Refining and Hydrocarbons
- CLEAPSS is an advisory service providing support in science and technology for a consortium of local authorities and their schools including establishments for pupils with special needs. CLEAPSS also provides advice on technicians & their jobs, as well as the design of laboratories and facilities & fittings for D&T and science rooms. Click here for more information.
- National Science Learning Centre
If you are a member or a member of the Technician Committee, please login to view Committee information.
Membership would clearly demonstrate your professional commitment to current and future employers.To learn more about becoming a technician member of the ASE, click here.
If you require assistance, please contact the ASE.