- Estyn wants your views
Estyn has launched a consultation on proposals for how they inspect education and training in Wales. The proposals will take effect from September 2017
- 11-19 ASE committee
The committee is looking to create a small network of classroom teachers who could summarise in an email any issues of concern that the 11-19 committee should know about that ASE may be able to support with
- Visit to CERN
Expressions of interest are invited for Teachers to attend a prestigious visit to CERN for the 7th – 11th February 2017.
- Welsh teacher training revamp underway to raise school standards
The way teachers are trained in Wales will see an increased role for schools and more input from universities to raise standards, Education Secretary Kirsty Williams announced
- The Digital Competence Framework is now available to Schools and Settings in Wales
The Digital Competence Framework is now available to Schools and Settings in Wales
- A curriculum for Wales – curriculum for life plan launched at national conference
The high level plan for developing a new curriculum for Wales was launched by the Minister for Education and Skills at a national Education conference in October.
- Pioneer schools appointed to design the new curriculum
The new curriculum will be developed by the education professionals in Wales, through a network of Pioneer schools.
- Can your school connect with the unconnected
Cisco and STEMNET invite your students in years 7-9 to take part in the Little BIG Awards to show how they think life could be made better by connecting everyday things together.
- CERN opportunity for Secondary School Physics Teachers
Watch this video and be inspired by teachers that went to CERN last year. To register your interest contact your local Science Consortia Co-ordinator.
- PISA activities on Hwb
PISA style materials on Hwb offer a free, interactive way to prepare your learners for the PISA tests