- Demonstrations for the Christmas Dinner Table
In this Science Learning Centre video, Simon Quinnell demonstrates four experiments, with the theme of Christmas, that teachers can do in the school laboratory.
• Tea bag convection - see how a burning teabag mysteriously rises on convection currents in the air around it.
• The candle demonstration - generate carbon dioxide with an antacid tablet and water before showing how the gas extinguishes a naked flame.
• Magic balloon and water - looking at conduction and convection and showing thermal energy transfer in a fluid.
• Instant snow - properties of a super-absorbant polymer.
Health & Safety advice given.
- Primary Science Quality Mark
Information for Schools
- Primary upd8 – have you downloaded your 6 free activities?
- Schoolscience.co.uk - where things never stand still!
Check out the Competitons page
- Science Learning Centre East of England
The Science Learning Centre East of England provides relevant, innovative CPD for all those involved in science education across the East of England region.
The Science Learning Centre East of England is run by the University of Hertfordshire in partnership with the ASE (Association for Science Education), Hertfordshire LEA and SETPOINT Hertfordshire. These partners draw on the expertise of organisations across the region to bring the latest advancements in science to teachers and technicians