- Summer Conference 2016: Sharing Practice and Driving Change - University of Hertfordshire
- 30th June to 1st July 2016
"Sharing Practice and Driving Change: Strengthening science teacher development" This conference will be relevant to all key stages and will particularly suit those involved with Initial Teacher Education (ITE) or who have responsibility for the professional development (CPD) of teachers, including advisers, and staff from teaching or science specialist schools.
- Making Science Memorable and Encouraging Scientific - Royal Society of Biology, London
- 5th July 2016
This year the Royal Society of Biology will be running an exciting new training course on Making Science Memorable and Encouraging Scientific Enquiry for Primary School Teachers. This course is for primary school teachers to develop upon their science teaching.
- Westminster Education Forum: Reforms to science at GCSE and A-level - Central London
- 5th July 2016
This conference is titled 'Reforms to science at GCSE and A-level: implementation, practical science and support for teachers and learners'. Rebecca Rylatt, Lead Policy Adviser for Science, Department for Education will be present as well as a speaker from the ASE.
- Space & STEM Summer School - King's College, London
- 11th to 17th July 2016
An opportunity for students to meet and work with Astronaut Michael Foale for a week at King's College, London and send your ideas to the International Space Station
- Secondary leadership conference - National STEM Learning Centre, York
- 12th July 2016
This conference title "Assessment and accountability in the secondary science curriculum" will help secondary science leaders and senior leaders consider the implications for changes to assessment, particularly at GCSE.
- Practical Nanoscience for Teachers
- 13th July 2016
Training teachers in nanoscience, giving them the resources and skills to support the teaching of GCSE/GCE/BTEC science curricula.
- World Teach In - London
- 21st to 24th September 2016
World Teach In is a 2-day professional development event for primary teachers and secondary science, maths and DT teachers. Now in its 3rd year and with STEM as a central focus, each day promises an abundance of dynamic and practical CPD to use in the classroom.
- WorldSTE 2016 - 5th World Conference on Science and Technology - Antalaya, Turkey
- 1st to 5th November 2016
The ICASE World STE Conference brings together policy makers, curriculum developers, scientists, science and university educators and researchers, science teacher association officers and of course primary and secondary science teachers.
- ASE Annual Conference 2017 - University of Reading
- 4th to 7th January 2017
Whether you teach primary or secondary, lead a department or are just starting on your training, the ASE Annual Conference is an invaluable opportunity to discover resources, enhance your subject knowledge and share approaches to teaching.