A robot for your school! Vex Robotic Event
Date: Monday 24th March 2014
Time: 04:30 PM to 06:30 PM
Location : Stoke Park School and Community Tecnology College Dane Rd CV2 4JW Coventry
An introduction to VEX Robotics by Paul McKnight, the Director of the Company.
The Royal Academy of Engineering is sponsoring a number of these robots for schools in Coventry and Warwickshire
Book your place on eventbrite and only attendees at this event will be eligible to receive a robot. As we only have a limited number of robots, we will need to do a raffle system at the event, with only one robot per school max.
We are planning to have an inter-schools robotic challenge in the autumn term, at a time and date to be agreed with attendees at this meeting.
Light refreshments available on arrival.
The VEX Robotics Design System is a platform for learning comprising of…
- The physical VEX product range – across 3 distinct sub-brands
- Curriculum content for the classroom
- Extra curricular activity through the VEX Robotics Competition, VEX IQ Challenge
- Activities with other partners who use the VEX system
- Links to career-relevant software and career paths
The physical product is essentially a ‘kit of parts’ – from gears and tank tread right down to rivets, nuts and bolts (or tool less pins in VEX IQ). It is a great way for students to get hands on with a product that is heavily linked to design and engineering in the real world.
Why Vex Robots?
- Students love it! It engages them and keeps them engaged – learning without limits!
- FREE UK curriculum and FREE CPD for teachers – classroom and extra-curricular challenges.
- Year-long programme, cross-curricular and flexible. Use the kit how you want.
- Develops core academic, transferable and life skills in students.
- Huge community of students and teachers to work with and learn from.
Come along and find out more about this very exciting kit and the local and national challenges associated with it. We look forward to seeing you there.