Extending the Role of the Science Subject Leader
Date: Wednesday 20th to Friday 22nd November 2013
Time: 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM
Location : National Science Learning Centre, York
Cost : £2,831 + VAT (ENTHUSE award available for £4,015)
Extending the Role of the Science Subject Leader (Science Learning Centre Ref. NY003A13)
This course has a reputation for innovation, excitement and supportiveness. It is aimed at experienced science subject leaders who want to explore best practice and interact with research at local, national and international levels. You will engage in dialogue and debate with peers and a range of science-based and education experts.
During three residential periods you will reflect on and enhance your leadership skills across three main areas:
- teaching and learning
- assessment for learning
- strategic leadership and management
As a result of this course you will be able to:
- define and reflect upon outstanding teaching and learning in science
- use teaching and learning strategies to engage and inspire children and colleagues
- employ strategies and develop skills to become a highly effective leader of science and its assessment across the school
- produce an action plan to implement and evaluate your learning
There is an option to follow an accredited route through additional independent, tutor-supported study.
Read Jo-Anne Head's case study on how her attendance on this course had such a positive impact on staff and pupils at her school.
Dates: 20 – 22 Nov 13 and 28 – 30 Apr 14 and 22 – 24 Sep 14, plus two days online
Cost: £2,831 + VAT
ENTHUSE Award: £4,015
ENTHUSE Award bursaries are available for teachers and teaching assistants from state funded schools and academies.
For further information and to book please visit www.slcs.ac.uk/go/nat/pny003