Terms and Conditions
All delegates are advised that in submitting a registration form that they agree to the following terms and conditions.
Check the Annual Conference page for the latest information on booking, including changes, cancellations, full courses, full accommodation and latest additions to the programme. The site will be updated on a regular basis with the date of the last amendment shown.
• If your registration form is received by Friday 16th December 2016 we will email out your delegate badge and pack.
• Please ensure you have completed your up-to-date email address on the form overleaf. All packs for forms received after that date will be available for you to collect at the conference. Don’t worry if you can’t get your form off to us before the conference, you may register on the day.
• Only one person per form, please. Bookings are processed on an ‘as received’ basis.
• If you are an ASE member, please note your membership number on the form. If we are unable to trace or check your membership from the details you supply, you will be charged at the non-member rate.
• Your confirmation letter will be sent to you by email. Your delegate handbook should be collected on arrival at the Conference – see confirmation letter for details. From the end of November you will be able to view the contents of the handbook online.
• Cancellation of registration before 25 November 2016 will incur no cancellation charge. After that date NO refunds can be made.
• We recommend that all delegates take out insurance to protect against non attendance, particularly due to bad weather.
• There are no booked courses at ASE Annual Conference this year.
• Payment should be sent with the completed form, and can be made in one of the following ways:
-- Cheque – please make payable to ASE.
-- Credit card – Please note the additional details which are required on the form to process credit card payments.
-- Invoices – Schools and other institutions/organisations may wish to be invoiced. Invoices will always be charged at the full rate not the Early Bird rate and must be paid on receipt.
• Receipts will only be issued if requested at the time of booking.
• Early Bird only applies if booking and payment are received in the ASE offices before Friday 28 October 2016. Full standard rate applies if booking or payment is received after this date.
• ASE reserves the right to charge interest at 8% above the Base Rate for all overdue payments.
• ASE member means: an individual member, a Technician member or a member of staff in an institution with Primary School membership. All categories must be fully paid up to qualify for the ASE member rate.
• The spouse of a member may attend at the member rate, if accompanied by the member.
• You can apply to become a member of ASE at the same time as registering for the Conference; you will then be charged the Member’s rate.
• To apply for membership use the section within the Annual Conference Booking Form
There may be photography, audio or video recording at the conference. By entering the event premises you give consent to the use of your photograph, likeness or video or audio recording in whole or in part without restriction or limitation for any educational, promotional, or any purpose for distribution by the Association for Science Education and any media partners who we grant permission, their officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitising or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings. If you do not want to be photographed or videotaped, please notify the individuals capturing the information.
Delegates are advised that video recording of sessions for personal or school-use or wider distribution is prohibited without the express permission of the Association for Science Education and may be subject to copyright.
• Session presenters who are accepted can apply to have the cost of their delegate pass covered on the day they present.
• Overseas delegates are encouraged to pay their registration fees by Credit Card, by completing the appropriate section of the registration form. This reduces the bank charges on currency conversion and saves delay in returning your confirmation.
• Payments made in non-Sterling currency should include an additional amount to cover ALL bank conversion and transfer charges.
• If you require a letter of invitation to apply for a UK visa, please ensure that your registration form is received by ASE in plenty of time for us to process it, confirm your booking and for you to apply for your visa. The applications must be prepaid. The visa application process can take in excess of twelve weeks.
• We are unable to send information for visa applications after Friday 28th October 2016.
• If you have paid your conference fee and your visa application is subsequently rejected, a £10 administration fee will apply.