NEW! Primary School e-membership
As an e-member all the benefits are available online, so both the Primary Science journal and Education in Science magazine are available as electronic rather than hard copies.Primary Schools can now make significant savings on their membership by becoming e-members. In addition to all the usual Primary School benefits, the new membership package offers free access to the resource site Primary upd8.
All this at the introductory price of £77, plus VAT. Details on how to apply are available in the Primary e-membership Application Form.
Why Join the ASE?
Membership is open to everyone with an interest in science education. Whether you are a professional teacher, technician or advisor, an organisation providing training or resources, a publisher or a manufacturer or supplier of equipment; or you just share our passion for science, you have much to gain by becoming a member of the Association for Science Education.
As the professional body for all those involved in science education from pre-school to higher education, and as the largest subject association in the UK, the ASE provides a national network supported by a dedicated team and a unique range of services to promote high quality science education and foster the professional development of the members.
Spread the word! Download this leaflet about the ASE.
ASE Membership provides:
- Professional guidance and advice
- Professional development opportunities - free advice on career development, courses and workshops at special prices, accreditation such as Chartered Science Teacher for individuals and Primary Science Quality Mark for schools
- Influence and a strong voice - through consultation, collaboration and debate the ASE makes sure decision-makers act on the opinions and experience of the membership.
- Primary Science - the Primary journal full of ideas and information to support effective practice
- School Science Review - the essential journal for all science teachers in 11-19 education
- Education in Science - the house magazine of the ASE - addresses different topical themes plus news and events.
- ASE publications and commercially published books - all at greatly reduced prices
- Public Liability insurance (up to £5,000,000) - for individual members
- Annual Conference - the prime networking and learning event in science education at discounted rates - more than 300 events over 3 days including the largest science education exhibition in Europe.
- Regional Conferences and local meetings and events, also at reduced rates.
- Primary upd8 - the resource of activities based on science in the news at a 75% discount
ASE members are also entitled to discounts on the products or services of many other organisations. These discounts include:
- up to 40% discount on New Scientist Magazine
- 50% discount subscription to Nature
- Insurance Broker CCV Southampton is offering ASE members Professional Indemnity Insurance premiums from as little as £125*. For an application form and a personalised quote, contact Philip Hack at CCV Southampton on 023 8024 0526, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit CCV Southampton, Templars House, Lulworth Close, Chandlers Ford, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO53 3XA. *Subject to meeting criteria and extent of indemnity limit ** Subject to terms and conditions of the policy
- Intercontinental Hotels accommodation discount
- Europcar Rental – Preferential rates for car and van rental
Spread the cost
ASE offers members who pay by direct debit the opportunity to spread the cost of their membership fee by paying in 12 instalments. To take up this offer contact Barbara Hansell in the ASE Membership Team either by phone on 01707 283000 or by e-mail at email@example.com