ASE Commercial Corporate Membership is available to any commercial or industrial organisation with an interest in science education.
You may sell products and services for science teachers and technicians. You may wish to promote your brand or help support and enthuse the next generation of scientists and engineers. You may wish to develop relationships with schools and create personal development opportunities for your staff. Whatever your motivation and area of activity ASE Corporate Membership can put you in touch with local and national networks, provide a route for your views, open doors and help cement your relationships with schools.
ASE Commercial Corporate Membership Benefits
- A termly (thrice-yearly) electronic newsletter about science education targeted at the Corporate sector. This might include, for example, articles on GCSE developments, new courses, ITT issues, national curriculum, consultations; and include analyses on the potential impact of policy changes.
- An annual report on the impact of ASE’s activities.
- The right to use the term “ASE Corporate member” and to display the ASE logo on the organisation’s web site and marketing materials to demonstrate this.
- Preferential treatment in regard to advertising and sponsorship opportunities.
- Preferential treatment in selection of exhibition locations at the ASE's Annual Conference.
- Corporate members’ views sought when ASE responds to consultations.
- An annual briefing and networking event with ASE Assembly members. These are individuals who have been appointed to the Assembly because they are key members of the science teaching profession.
- All of ASE’s published journals:
- Education in Science (EiS) is the house magazine of ASE – four issues per year. It is a professional rather than an academic journal, providing a means of communication between all sections of the membership as well as informing members about what ASE is doing on their behalf.
- School Science Review (SSR) is the ASE journal for 11-19 educators – 4 issues per year. As well as major articles and Science Notes, SSR also contains comprehensive reviews of major published books and schemes, along with ICT and website reviews.
- Primary Science (PS) is aimed at primary educators – 5 issues per year. It includes articles about teaching, learning and assessing science for all children in the 3 – 12 year age range.
- Science Teacher Education (STE) is the professional journal, published by ASE, for all concerned with the pre-service education, induction and professional development of science teachers. Published only in electronic form – 3 issues per year.
- Member discount on all ASE books. Books can be bought online from the ASE Bookshop.
- Special member’s registration fee for all staff at your organisation for Area Conferences and Meetings, and our Annual Conference.
- The opportunity to engage in regional and national ASE committees.
Cost of Commercial Corporate membership
The level of financial contribution will be £350 p.a.
To become an ASE Commercial Corporate member please contact the ASE membership team on S 01707 283000, firstname.lastname@example.org or complete and submit the form below.
- Commercial Corporate Membership Application Form
Commercial Corporate Membership Application Form - updated May 2013