ASE Futures: Leading Professional Development in Science Education
What is ASE Futures?
Members of this group are usually involved in teachers’ professional learning and members can range from university tutors, education consultants, teaching schools, local authority staff, Heads of Science and leaders responsible for CPD.
ASE Futures members provide support for initial teachers’ education (ITE) and continuing professional development (CPD), fostering high quality professional learning for future generations of science teachers at all levels of education. ASE Futures constitution states the following.
The Group exists to:
- Further the aims of The Association for Science Education, hereafter referred to as ‘the Association’, as set out in its Trust Deeds and Rules in the particular context of the work done by the members of this Group.
- Support the work of its members.
- Facilitate, advise and guide the exchange of ideas, research and development about science education.
- Liaise with national agencies on issues relevant to the membership.
The group's role is to provide continuing updating of information and developments in science, professional development and networking opportunities for its members. This is achieved through the committee's activities including publishing the Science Teacher Education (STE) journal, the ASE Summer Conference and further day conferences. They are a key group, alongside the Education group, in developing the Association’s responses to government consultations.
Application for this new membership category will be available from the 1 August 2016.
The membership fees have been agreed for 2016/2017 as follows:
- 11-19 Futures Group - £139 per annum
- Primary Futures Group - £125 per annum
If you would like to discuss your membership options please contact the membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Science Review, four issues per year (not included in primary option).
- Primary Science, five issues per year.
- Education in Science, four issues per year.
- Science Teacher Education, three electronic issues per year. A professional ASE journal for all concerned with the pre-service education, induction and professional development of science teachers.
- Special member’s price on all ASE books.
- Special member’s rates at ASE conferences and events
- £5,000,000 Public Liability Insurance.
- ASE discounted rate for subscription to New Scientist and Nature magazine.
- *Special Offer* Professional Indemnity Insurance
How to join?
To pay by debit or credit card:
Iif you wish to pay via cheque or direct debit, simply download our membership form, choose the appropriate option and send the completed form in the post (please note that we need your signature to implement Direct Debit payments):