NAIGS 11-19 Member
What is NAIGS?
NAIGS (National Advisers and Inspectors Group for Science) is the subject group for Science Inspectors, Advisers and Consultants which is affiliated to and administered by ASE. Our role is to provide continuing updating of information and developments in science, professional development and networking opportunities for our members. We have strong links with science teachers through ASE, having co-opted membership on ASE Council. Because of the nature of our membership, NAIGS members also have close links with schools in all phases to support and advise staff on all issues relating to science education. We also liaise with Ofsted, QCA, and the DfES, meeting with their representatives formally once a year and informally on many other occasions to discuss science issues. To find out more about NAIGS, click here.
- Joining ASE as a Science Advisor you also become a Member of the special interest group National Advisors and Inspectors Group for Science (NAIGS).
- School Science Review, four issues per year. School Science Review is the journal for science teachers in 11-19 education and all those interested in this aspect of education.
- Primary Science, five issues per year. ASE’s primary journal is the forum for information and ideas which support effective practice in science education at primary school level
- Education in Science, four issues per year. ASE’s in-house magazine for all member’s of the ASE which keeps member’s up-to-date with Association news and events, as well as topical issues in science education.
- Science Teacher Education, three electronic issues per year. Science Teacher Education is a professional journal, published by ASE, for all concerned with the pre-service education, induction and professional development of science teachers. This journal aims to inform and contribute to the development of science teacher education in all phases of education.
- Special member’s price on all ASE books. Take a look at some of our new and best selling titles. You can order books online from the ASE Bookshop.
- Special member’s registration fee for Area Conferences and Meetings, and our Annual Conference which is the best value event of its kind in the UK, with more than 300 events over three days, including the largest science education exhibition in Europe.
- £5,000,000 Public Liability insurance.
- ASE discounted rate for subscription to New Scientist.
NAIGS 11-19 Membership Annual Fee: £141
Join Online or download the Membership Application form.
- 11-19 Membership Application Form
11-19 Membership Application Form - updated August 2012