Subscribe to receive ASE news via email Click here to subscribe!
ASE Members can view the latest information on curriculum and assessment changes here
- Everything Practical. Gadgets, Fingerprinting and more
Thanks for all those who made our regional technician conference today such a success. It will be returning in 2016.
- Vote for the Next Chair of the Association
ASE members are invited to vote for who they would like to elect to the position of Chair of the Association.
- Investigation to find the best tea-dunking biscuit
This competition from CLEAPSS gives primary students the opportunity to lead a fun investigation into what is the best biscuit for dunking into tea?
- Winners of the Brenda Keogh Primary Science Award
ASE Primary Science Education Committee are very pleased to announce the winners of the Brenda Keogh Primary Science Award. They are Brocklewood Primary School, Nottingham and St George's CE Primary School, Stockport.
- Realising the importance of maths in science
We're looking for teachers to become part of a review group for national guidance being produced to support the effective teaching and assessment of maths in science.
- Working scientifically to solve real world problems
These new resources can support pupils to work scientifically within a global context. Through investigation, pupils find out how to solve real problems in the developing world, and consider how solutions already implemented there may be applicable to our own lives here in the UK.
- Enthuse learning outdoors with our bug hunt competition
Join in the 2015 Bug Hunting Competition this summer - An annual competition for primary schools to explore the bug world.
- Programme announced for progression in science conference 2015
Progression for assessment, transition and without levels. This year our South East conference on 24 June will help all teachers with this all-important topic. We are delighted to confirm that Professor Jim Al-Khalili will be giving the special keynote lecture.
- Apply now - Brenda Keogh Primary Science Award
This fantastic new award, worth over £1600, will support 2 primary schools to make science a more engaging, more enjoyable and a more productive learning experience for their children. Please apply by Wednesday 1 April.
- Science Leaders' Survival Guide - 2015 Edition now online
A guide for survival in school science departments! This resources aims to be a handbook for managing a busy school science department and share insights from Heads of Science and Science Leaders'. The 2015 edition is now available online.