Subscribe to receive ASE news via email Click here to subscribe!
ASE Members can view the latest information on curriculum and assessment changes here
- Serious concerns for practical science spending in schools
New evidence shows that there are worrying variations of spending on practical science in schools. The Association for Science Education is part of SCORE (a collaboration of organisations which aims to improve science education in UK)
- Science for stories, science for all and science for scientists! Programme Announced for ASE Summer Celebration Conference
Simon Mayo, Professor Robin Millar and ASE President, Lord Martin Rees announced in the line-up for the ASE Summer Celebration Conference 2013, 27-28 June. View the latest Programme announcements and Key Speakers.
- ASE Response to Government's draft National Curriculum - The aims need to be clear
ASE responds to the consultation on the draft National Curriculum. ASE Chief Executive comments on the need for clear aims and support in a period of change.
- Do we need a Secondary Science Quality Mark?
ASE needs your views on creating a Secondary Science Quality Mark. Take part in our 5 minute survey to establish the need for a well-recognised quality mark in secondary science.
- ASE launches new registers for teachers and technicians
Science teachers' and technicians’ careers have today received a significant boost as the Association for Science Education launches two new professional registers.
- Highlights from ASE's Annual Conference
THE atmosphere on the third day of the ASE Annual Conference was buzzing with excitment as crowds poured in for another day of inspiring science education talks, workshops and special events.
- Key figures at ASE Annual Conference
THE second day of the ASE Annual Conference featured talks from a range of influential figures in science education.
- New books launched at ASE Annual Conference
A series of new books are being launched during the ASE Annual Conference at the University of Liverpool this week from Wednesday 4th January to Saturday 7th January.
- Prof Rob Marrs to join Prof Steve Jones in ASE Annual Conference panel discussion
Prof Rob Marrs will join outgoing ASE President Prof Steve Jones and Andrew Miller, MP in a panel discussion on fieldwork at the ASE Annual Conference.
- David Russell on the National Curriculum Review
David Russell, Director of the Curriculum and Behaviour Group at the Department for Education will talk about the latest developments in Science Policy and the National Curriculum Review at the ASE Annual Conference.