- Primary schools to receive prestigious PSQM science awards
Primary schools providing high quality science education are to receive a prestigious national accolade in a series of award ceremonies getting underway today.
- Key Speakers at a glance - ASE Annual Conference 2013
We have already got a great line up of key speakers for the ASE's Annual Conference in Reading in 2013 and there are more exciting names to come – so watch this space!
- ASE backs proposals for new primary science assessment framework
Science education in primary schools is at risk of being given less teaching time than the other core subjects of maths and English.
- New Primary School e-membership launched
Primary Schools can now pay less and still enjoy the benefits of being ASE members with the launch of our new e-membership.
- ASE asks members for views on GCSE reform
ASE will be responding in full to the DfE consultation on GCSE reform both as an individual organisation and through our partnerships, such as SCORE.
- Early Bird Discount for ASE Annual Conference 2013
Delegates who book before October 26 can get over 20% Discount with the Early Bird Bonus, and a £5 ASE book sales voucher.
- ASE responds to Welsh Government consultation
On behalf of ASE, our Cymru Wales region committee has contributed to the response to the Welsh Government consultation on the Review of qualifications for 14 to 19-years-olds in Wales.
- ASE welcomes new Chair
Liz Lawrence looks forward to her year as the ASE’s Chair when she aims to lead the Association’s role as a voice for its members on science education matters such as the new National Curriculum.
- Students inspired by scientists in ASE competition
A renowned British Astrophysicist was among the scientists interviewed by students in a competition run by the ASE’s learning resource site schoolscience.co.uk in association with Data Harvest and Primary Engineer.
- ASE comments on primary science Programme of Study
The SCORE member organisations, including ASE, have provided a response to the Department for Education on the draft primary science Programme of Study.