Subscribe to receive ASE news via email Click here to subscribe!
ASE Members can view the latest information on curriculum and assessment changes here
- Would you like a new College of Teaching?
Calls from the education community seek a new vision for a member-driven college of teaching.
- Primary Science Quality Mark Awarded to 99 Schools
Commitment to improving science teaching in primary schools sees over 600 school awarded the Primary Science Quality Mark.
- Health and Safety Guidance - 'Be Safe' published in Welsh
To provide primary schools with relevant health and safety resources - the popular guidance 'Be Safe', has been published in Welsh to download.
- #ASEchat Summer Lineup
Don’t miss this summer’s lineup of #ASEchat special guest hosts as we talk SexEd, STEM ambassadors and science trips.
- Call for Proposals – The ASE Annual Conference 2014
Show off a great experiment, trial a new lesson plan or host a workshop. If you have an interest in science education and have something to share, then submit a session proposal.
- Serious concerns for practical science spending in schools
New evidence shows that there are worrying variations of spending on practical science in schools. The Association for Science Education is part of SCORE (a collaboration of organisations which aims to improve science education in UK)
- Science for stories, science for all and science for scientists! Programme Announced for ASE Summer Celebration Conference
Simon Mayo, Professor Robin Millar and ASE President, Lord Martin Rees announced in the line-up for the ASE Summer Celebration Conference 2013, 27-28 June. View the latest Programme announcements and Key Speakers.
- ASE Response to Government's draft National Curriculum - The aims need to be clear
ASE responds to the consultation on the draft National Curriculum. ASE Chief Executive comments on the need for clear aims and support in a period of change.
- Do we need a Secondary Science Quality Mark?
ASE needs your views on creating a Secondary Science Quality Mark. Take part in our 5 minute survey to establish the need for a well-recognised quality mark in secondary science.
- ASE launches new registers for teachers and technicians
Science teachers' and technicians’ careers have today received a significant boost as the Association for Science Education launches two new professional registers.