Subscribe to receive ASE news via email Click here to subscribe!
ASE Members can view the latest information on curriculum and assessment changes here
- Alice Roberts to become ASE President
The Association for Science Education (ASE) is delighted to announce our President for 2014, Professor Alice Roberts.
- Primary pupils win great bug hunt and BBSRC award best bug photography
A primary school in North Wales have been announced the winners of this year’s Great Bug Hunt competition. This national competition is run by schoolscience.co.uk with The Bug Man, Martin Rapley and aims to take science learning out of the classroom and bring it to life in the outdoors.
- ASE Chair visits Timstar
The incoming chair of the ASE, Pete Robinson visits Timstar's special launch event.
- What on Earth? New publication!
The What on Earth? Wallbook of Science & Engineering – This book is a 2.3 metre long! and is a full illustrated timeline of human history and invention.
- Final Consultation of National Curriculum Review
ASE Chief Executive comments on final consultation of the Government's National Curriculum Review. Did it fail to develop something outstanding from the beginning?
- #ASEchat with Alom Shaha investigates the challenges of practical work
#ASEchat this week focused on the challenges of practical work in science teaching with special guest host Alom Shaha.
- Photo Highlights from Summer Celebration
Some of the highlights from ASE's Summer Celebration Conference 2013, held at the University of Hertforshire, in our hometown Hatfield, on 27-28 June 2013.
- Would you like a new College of Teaching?
Calls from the education community seek a new vision for a member-driven college of teaching.
- Primary Science Quality Mark Awarded to 99 Schools
Commitment to improving science teaching in primary schools sees over 600 school awarded the Primary Science Quality Mark.
- Health and Safety Guidance - 'Be Safe' published in Welsh
To provide primary schools with relevant health and safety resources - the popular guidance 'Be Safe', has been published in Welsh to download.