Attend ASE Cymru Conference 2016 - Free entry
9 November 2016
Inspirational lectures and workshops for Primary and Secondary teachers that aim to address the new science and technology curriculum including a special keynote with Professor Averil Macdonald OBE - an expert on engaging under-represented groups with science.
Join us on Saturday 19th November from 10.00am-2.30pm at the beautiful National Museum Cardiff for a free conference on all things STEM. You can register for your free place now on eventbrite.
Keynote: Myths and Facts about Girls and STEM with Professor Averil Macdonald OBE
Join Professor Averil Macdonald from the University of Southampton for a keynote presentation that will discuss the myths and facts about why girls do and don't choose STEM subjects and find out about a revolutionary new approach to show that STEM subjects are for 'People Like Me'.
Keynote: Accessible and Practical Science with Wendy Sadler
Bring science to life for your students with practical science demonstrations from Wendy Sadler from Science Made Simple that are accessible to all and learn how they can help develop higher thinking skills in your classroom.
- Practical Primary science - Louise Stubberfield, Wellcome Trust (KS1/2)
- Wriggling through numeracy and literacy - National Museum Cardiff (KS1/KS2)
- Science …the Techniquest Way - Andrea Meyrick Techniquest (KS2/3)
- Language and Science - Glen Gilchrist CSCJES (KS3/4)
- Accessing Real Science - Sue Diment, Cardiff University (KS4/5)
- Coding for Science - Laura Roberts, Technocamps (KS3/4)
Find the full session description on the Eventbrite page