- Spitting fish 'adjust for distance'
Scientists say the jets of water that archer fish use to shoot down prey are precisely tuned, to make maximum impact at just the right distance.
- Badger vaccination scheme under way
A scheme to vaccinate badgers against bovine tuberculosis in a bid to tackle the disease in cattle is launched by the government.
- Rare antelope births 'fantastic'
The birth of a pair of rare bongo antelopes in captivity is "fantastic news" for the "critically endangered" species, say conservationists.
- Nokia's N8 smartphone on show
Rory Cellan-Jones gets a run-through of the new touchscreen mobile at Nokia World in London.
- Halo Reach game fans queue
Stores across the world have been opening at midnight to give gamers the chance to buy the last game in the Halo series from Bungie.
- Who will win Thai 3G licences?
Thailand's much delayed auction for 3G network licences is just a week from getting under way
- New generation of electric cars
Prince Charles hosts eco-car show
- Japan launches first GPS satellite
The Japanese Space Agency (Jaxa) has launched a rocket carrying the country's first GPS satellite.
- 'World's first' Arabic-speaking robot
The UAE University in Abu Dhabi has built the world's first fully automated, Arabic-speaking robot that can have "intelligent" conversations with humans - based on information gathered via the internet and through social networking sites.
- Radical step for Nokia
Stephen Elop has been appointed as the new chief executive of Nokia