- Leaders' digital generation debate
The leaders of the three main parties at Westminster have been pitted against each other in a debate broadcast on YouTube and Facebook.
- Baby gorillas airlifted in DR Congo
Four baby gorillas have been flown to a new home by UN peacekeepers who feared for their safety in a DR Congo conflict zone.
- How to rescue a stranded whale
Nick Higham met a two-tonne inflatable whale to find out how volunteers go about rescuing stranded sea creatures.
- Nokia losing out in high tech market
Nokia shares dived 14 per cent today after the world's biggest mobile phone-maker posted disappointing results and cut its forecasts.
- Nasa's jumbo eye in the sky
Nasa has unveiled a giant telescope for infrared astronomy mounted inside a jumbo jet called Sofia.
- Nasa telescope's new Sun images
Nasa's Solar Dynamics Observatory has captured astonishing new images of huge explosions and looping gases on the Sun.
- Clever crows can use three tools
New Caledonian crows can use three tools in succession in order to attain a treat, scientists say.
- 'Brain games' fail to boost IQ
New research suggests that brain training computer games do not make you smarter.
- Obama outlines Nasa Mars mission
US President Barack Obama has outlined his commitment to Nasa, pledging to increase its budget and saying he expects manned missions to Mars.
- Climategate scientists cleared
The second of three reviews into hacked climate research emails from the University of East Anglia has found the scientists at the centre of the row did not behave dishonestly