- Clever crows can use three tools
New Caledonian crows can use three tools in succession in order to attain a treat, scientists say.
- 'Brain games' fail to boost IQ
New research suggests that brain training computer games do not make you smarter.
- Obama outlines Nasa Mars mission
US President Barack Obama has outlined his commitment to Nasa, pledging to increase its budget and saying he expects manned missions to Mars.
- Climategate scientists cleared
The second of three reviews into hacked climate research emails from the University of East Anglia has found the scientists at the centre of the row did not behave dishonestly
- Rutland launches DIY broadband
Residents in a village in Rutland have clubbed together to install their own high speed broadband after getting fed up of waiting for large companies to provide the service.
- Astronauts play music in space
Japanese astronauts Naoko Yamazaki and Soichi Noguchi have given a short musical performance from on board the International Space Station.
- Bid to reinstate Greenfield fails
The Royal Institution's Chris Rofe has given a statement regarding a failed vote by supporters of Lady Susan Greenfield.
- Laptops 'to predict earthquakes'
A California scientist is harnessing technology in computers to make them work as seismographs.