Develop science enquiry skills with ASE bookshop
‘Science enquiry is what children do in order to answer scientific questions about the world around them.' It's Not Fair describes different types of science enquiry, how they help with developing scientific understanding and how children's scientific enquiry skills develop. It will help all primary teachers to broaden the range of science enquiries that children experience. Read a free sample. The ASE Online Bookshop has a selection of the well-known Millgate House publications, all offered with Members' discounts! Take a look at these popular titles,
- Science Enquiry Games 4-7
- Concept Cartoons: Talking Sport and Fitness
- Concept Cartoons (revised edition)
- Sunshine, Shadows and Stone Circles
Upd8 store - Special offers ending soon!
Visit the new store before 30th April and get sparkling upd8 lessons and assessments at extra low prices. Need help making the difficult or dull bits of the curriculum lively and relevant? The upd8 store is a treasure trove of solutions to maximise learning by fully engaging your students. Choose from over 170 jewels, packaged with presentation materials, student sheets and full guides:
- Crime: students solve a baffling theft, to grapple with particles
- Emergency: keep ER patients alive, to supercharge cells
- Lander: touchdown on Mars, to demystify the solar system
Want a more coherent approach to a topic? Try an upd8 'sequence' - a set of lessons to fully cover the big idea, with enquiry-based learning and assessments. Try them out from just £4.95, until 30th April!
ASE's celebrates this summer with practicals, primary sessions, policy talks and a picnic! Early Bird Offer
ASE Summer Celebration Conference 2013, 27 & 28 June, University of Hertfordshire Join us to celebrate 50 years of ASE and to prepare for the next 50 years!
- Discuss! Is it possible to deliver science education for all and science for future scientists in the secondary curriculum? find out from the experts.
- Get Practical! Advice and support for the changes that are on their way incl. new curriculum, accountability, school structures and qualifications.
- Celebrate! Primary Science with workshops, awards and advice from AZSTT
- Get outdoors! Enjoy the summer experience with a wildlife trail, the #asechat tweet-up picnic and some outdoor citizen science
CPD opportunity comprising a two day, all inclusive, residential event. Delegate packages start from £235 for ASE members if you book before 8th April 2013. There are only 500 places available so book early to avoid disappointment.
ASE's Summer Celebration Conference is supported by AQA and AZSTT
More info and book online
Latest resources from schoolscience.co.uk
- Thames and Kosmos Competition Answer one question for your chance to win £100 of kit for your school - (Question) What areas of the curriculum is it hard to find resources for?
- Total Green School Awards 2013 give teachers and their students the opportunity to study a huge range of environmental topics
- Poster Competition on everyday uses of copper. Design an A3 poster that shows the vital role copper plays in our daily lives
- Vision of the Future. Eye dissection and practicals investigating vision. A new free resource from BBSRC supporting biology teaching in schools.