Primary Science Quality Mark
The Primary Science Quality Mark is an award scheme to develop and celebrate the quality of science teaching and learning in primary schools. Schools can achieve bronze, silver and gold awards.
To learn more, please click here.
Notice to PSQM Hub Leaders - you now have an interactive forum available on the ASE website. Login and join the discussion today!
Special PSQM ASE Membership Offer!
The Association for Science Education (ASE) and PSQM have worked together to make online primary school e-membership of the ASE available to all Round 7 and 8 participants at a hugely discounted rate.
ASE is the largest subject association in the UK and ASE members are part of the dynamic community of teachers, technicians and other professionals supporting science education. ASE is independent and a powerful force in science education that speaks for all its members to promote excellence in science teaching and learning. ASE offers a wide range of member benefits to all those teaching and supporting science in primary schools. ASE membership is of significant value to schools aiming for a PSQM award and is highly recommended by hub leaders.
PSQM Primary school on-line membership brings the following benefits:
- Primary Science – 5 issues p.a. of our acclaimed journal
- Education in Science – 4 issues p.a. of ASE’s topical house magazine
- Access to the special primary area on the ASE website – www.ase.org.uk – (currently under enhancement)
- A ‘golden ticket’ for free one day entry to ASE annual national conference for all PSQM school staff members
- Advice and guidance on curriculum and safety matters
- Access to regional and national CPD
- Accreditation – the route to Chartered Science Teacher recognition (CSciTeach) or Registered Scientist (RSci)
- Opportunities to network with other schools and science professionals
- Discounts on ASE books and resources
- Free access to the twice-a-year research journal for early years – Journal of Emergent Science
All this is available to PSQM schools for the special price of £15 + VAT on top of the PSQM fee instead of the stand-alone price of £77 + VAT
If you would like to take up this fantastic offer then please email Sarah Taylor at PSQM firstname.lastname@example.org who will pass your application on to ASE and add the membership fee to your PSQM invoice. You will receive membership information direct from ASE.
The total cost of this e-option for ASE membership is £25 plus VAT. A contribution of £10 from PSQM funds is made for each Round 7 school taking up the offer to reduce the cost to £15 plus VAT