What is Global Learning?
Global learning is education that puts learning in a global context - ThinkGlobal
Global learning is an approach to learning about development issues through recognising the importance of linking people’s lives throughout the world. It encourages critical examination of global issues and awareness of the impact that individuals can have on these.
Global Learning Programme
ASE is a contributor to a Global Learning Programme, funded by the Department for International Development. The programme consists of KS2 (7-9 years) and KS3 (11-14 years) resources to support the new curriculum.
The Global Learning Programme supports teaching and learning about global issues in key stages 2 and 3. The programme supports teachers to enable students to learn about the challenges our world faces and think critically about how to deal with issues such as climate change and sustainability. It helps students make sense of the world in which they live and to understand their role within a global society.
Join the Global Learning Programme and your school will receive:
- a free, peer-led, locally-based programme of support;
- up to £500 of e-credits which your school can use to pay for CPD from approved providers;
- an online audit tool, helping you to identify your school's global learning strengths and priority areas for development
- an action plan for your school, outlining practical ideas and strategies;
- curriculum guidance to support global learning in key subject areas;
- resources to support classroom teaching and whole-school global learning initiatives;
- an online tool to assess pupils' global learning.
The Global Learning Programme is funded by the Department for International Development. It is managed by a consortium of leading global learning and educational organisations.
Schools can join the GLP by becoming a partner school. Register your school today and find out more about the opportunities that the GLP can offer your students at: Website: www.glp-e.org.uk Email: email@example.com
Global Learning Resources from ASE
Global Upd8s with Practical Action
Enabling pupils to work scientifically within a global context. In these lessons students discover how people in the developing world are using science to improve their own lives; carry out an investigation, and consider how learning from the developing world could be of benefit to us in the UK.
Science Across the World project
This collection includes the topics that were developed by international teams of teachers availbale in the STEM Library.