ASE Annual Conference 2020
Europe’s Largest Science Education CPD Conference. The most cost-effective, subject-specific CPD for all teachers of science. Build the ASE Annual Conference into your School Development Plan. Bookings will be live at the beginning of July 2019.
Why attend ASE Annual Conference 2020?
- This National conference brings together the best speakers and practitioners all in one place.
- The 350 sessions and 2,000 delegates, enable you to focus on your school’s priorities, develop your own subject knowledge and learn from other teachers.
- Cascade the ideas, approaches and resources to your whole team.
The ASE Annual Conference 2019 in 30 Seconds
View the 2019 Conference Handbook
As soon as it is available you can use the interactive, online programme, sched.org, to search the full conference timetable and see how much choice there is for your CPD. To whet your appetite, last years programme is still available to view at sched.org.
Once sched has been finalised for 2020 you will be automatically redirected on completion of your Eventbrite booking. Sched will allow you to create your tailored programme and register interest for sessions. You can then receive updates from presenters and download any materials that they upload.
To be confirmed
All delegates are advised that in making a booking via Eventbrite that they agree to the following terms and conditions:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any event queries or call us on 01707 283013
- Please register on Eventbrite at ase2020.eventbrite.co.uk where you can request an invoice or to pay by credit/debit card.
- We highly recommend pre-registration but you may also register on the day.
- If you are an ASE member, please note your membership ID on the registration page. You will find this at the top right of the My Account page when you log in. If we are unable to trace or check your membership from the details you supply, you will be charged at the non-member rate.
- Your delegate badge will be sent to you by email. Please ensure we have the correct email address to reach you at.
- Your delegate handbook should be collected on arrival at the Conference. From the end of November you will be able to view the contents of the handbook online.
- Cancellation of registration before 22 November 2019 will incur no cancellation charge. After that date NO refunds can be made.
- We recommend that all delegates take out insurance to protect against non attendance, particularly due to bad weather.
Payment method should be selected from the drop down menu on the registration page and can be made in one of the following ways:
- Credit/Debit card
For the following options please select "pay by invoice" on the registration page:
- Invoices - Schools and other institutions/organisations may wish to be invoiced. Invoices should be paid within 30 days of receipt. The invoice is emailed automatically to the address input at the time of booking. Please check all emails recieved from Eventbrite confirming your booking.
- Cheques - please make payable to The Association for Science Education and send to ASE, College Lane, Hatfield, Herts, AL10 9AA
You will receive a receipt with confirmation of your booking from eventbrite.co.uk.
Early Bird rates only apply if bookings are made by Friday 25 October 2019. Full standard rates apply if your booking is made after this date.
ASE reserves the right to charge interest at 8% above the Base Rate for all overdue payments.
Individuals who are under the age of 18 are permitted into the exhibition but must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult. Children are not permitted to attend conference sessions on the rest of the university campus.
- ASE member means: an individual member, a Technician member or a member of staff in an institution with Primary School membership. All categories must be fully paid up to qualify for the ASE member rate.
- The spouse of a member may attend at the member rate, if accompanied by the member.
- You can apply to become a member of ASE at the same time as registering for the Conference; you will then be charged the Member’s rate.
- To apply for membership go to ase.co.uk/join
ASE negotiates rates for delegates with local hotels to provide accommodation throughout your stay at the Annual Conference if required. There is no specific deadline for booking as rooms are sold based on availability from the ASE allocation at each hotel. However after 7 December 2019 there is no guarantee. Therefore delegates are advised to book early.
There may be photography, audio or video recording at the conference. By entering the event premises you give consent to the use of your photograph, likeness or video or audio recording in whole or in part without restriction or limitation for any educational, promotional, or any purpose for distribution by the Association for Science Education and any media partners who we grant permission, their officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitising or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings. If you do not want to be photographed or videotaped, please notify the individuals capturing the information.
Delegates are advised that video recording of sessions for personal or school-use or wider distribution is prohibited without the express permission of the Association for Science Education and may be subject to copyright.
- Discounts are available for group bookings. Groups of more than 6 receive a 15% discount. Please select the appropriate discount on when registering at ase2020.eventbrite.co.uk
- Session presenters who are accepted can apply for a bursary to have the cost of their delegate pass covered on the day they present.
- Overseas delegates are encouraged to pay their registration fees by Credit Card at the time of booking. This reduces the bank charges on currency conversion.
- Payments made in non-Sterling currency should include an additional amount to cover ALL bank conversion and transfer charges.
- If you require a letter of invitation to apply for a UK visa, please ensure that your registration is paid in full in plenty of time for us to process it, confirm your booking and for you to apply for your visa. The visa application process can take in excess of twelve weeks.
- We are unable to send information for visa applications after Friday 25th October 2019.
- If you have paid your conference fee and your visa application is subsequently rejected, a £10 administration fee will apply.
One day registration starts from only £112 and with a Saturday special from only £99. Book by Friday 25th October to qualify for the cheapest Early Bird rates (invoices cannot be requested for these tickets, payment must be made at the time of booking).
- 50% discount off for ASE members (Become a member now online)
- Groups of 6 or more receive a 15% discount
- Trainee teachers - join ASE and get one day free
- Come only to the exhibition and get free entry. Around 100 exhibitors offering resources, ideas and equipment
Further details to follow in due course
International Dinner - Wednesday 8th January - price TBC
The perfect way to meet old friends and make new ones at the beginning of the Conference. This informal dinner is held on the University of Reading campus so you can stroll along after the International Day programme. Or you can begin your time at ASE with the dinner, to get a feel for the event before the main conference begins on Thursday. To attend the International Dinner, add it to your booking.
Welcome drink at 6.30pm
Association Social - TBC
|Rate||1 Day||2 Days||3 Days||4 Days||Sat only||Twilight only|
|Members Early Bird*||Early Bird book by 25th October 2019||£112||£201||£234||£245|
|Non Members Early Bird*||Early Bird book by 25th October 2019||£223||£401||£468||£491|
|Non Members Standard||£248||£446||£520||£545||£198||£50|
|Trainee Members**||*When you join ASE from only £4 per month||*Free||£49||£79||£99|