- Plant Science: A stimulus for Numeracy, Literacy and Creativity
Using plant materials teachers can develop creative teaching methodologies that ensure good science learning in the classroom whilst developing the essential skill sets of pupils.
- Region 11 Northern Ireland Newsletter - Jan 2014
Region 11 Northern Ireland Newsletter - Jan 2014
- ASE(NI) Region Annual Business Meeting
The Annual Business Meeting of the ASE(NI) Region will take place on Tuesday 22nd October at 7:30 p.m.in the Senate Room, Lanyon Building, Queen's University, Belfast.
- Sir Paul Nurse Lecture
A Royal Irish Academy Discourse
- The NI STEM pipeline: Will we find any scientists there in the near future?
A workforce with sophisticated skills in STEM areas has been identified as essential asset for economic competitiveness in the near future due to the rapid shifts in global industrial trends. The NI STEM Report acknowledged that there were not enough people choosing to study STEM subjects at school, College or University to provide a good “pipeline” of STEM graduates to the jobs market. The report also outlined how this STEM pipeline and its development is a priority, both to create a modern workforce and to ensure that young people engage with STEM given that the world around them will become increasingly scientific and technical. Read the Full Report by clicking on the link above.
- Computer Animated Characters
Where art meets technology and design meets engineering Professor Greg Maguire
- ASE(NI) Bi-ennial Conference 2013 Exhibitors Registration Form
Anyone interested in exhibiting at the ASE(NI) Bi-ennial Conference on Friday 7th June can download a Registration Form here.
- From Good to Outstanding Lessons Workshop Physics Power Point
This is the Physics Power Point Presentation from the Good to Outstanding Lessons in Science Workshop on Saturday 26th May 2012. It is in pdf format due to the size of the file.
- ASE(NI) Region Newsletter June 2012
The June 2012 edition of the ASE(NI) Region Newsletter.
- From Good to Outstanding Lessons
A team of practicing post-primary teachers will provide lots of ideas for engaging and exciting lessons in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Prepare to be inspired!