- Education Scotland STEM ebulletin Dec 2016
The latest bulletin has been published.
- CfE Science Benchmarks
ASE members contributed to the paper Further Comments to Education Scotland on the Curriculum for Excellence Science Benchmarks published by the Royal Society of Edinburgh Learned Societies Group for STEM Education.
- Improvements to National Qualifications and Assessment: a response to the Scottish Government’s review
The Learned Societies’ Group on STEM Education in Scotland (LSG) highlight aspects of the qualifications and assessment reforms that we consider, from a STEM perspective, to be a priority for the review.
- Education Scotland STEM Bulletin Jan 2016
The latest STEM e-bulletin is available from this link.
- FREE TEACHING RESOURCES from IET FARADAY
Classroom activities for students aged 11-19 years with film clips, online games and quizzes.
- LSG response on the National Improvement Framework
The ASE contributed to the response made by the Royal Society of Edinburgh Learned Societies' Group on STEM education to the National Improvement Framework.
- OECD report on the implementation of Curriculum for Excellence
The OECD report on the implementation of Curriculum for Excellence was launched on 15th December 2015.
- Response to National Improvement Framework
The response of the Royal Society of Edinburgh Learned Societies Group has been submitted to the Scottish Government.
- Sciences, Technology and Mathematics e-bulletin
The October e-bulletin from EDucation Scotland is available by following this liknk
- Curriculum Structures survey report
Thank you to those who responded last year to the Learned Societies’ Group on Scottish Science Education (the LSG) request for information on how the sciences are being delivered in secondary schools and on your experiences of the CfE and qualification reforms. The LSG has now produced a report based on the survey responses and this is available from: http://www.royalsoced.org.uk/1076_LearnedSocietiesGrouponScottishScienceEducation.html