With a focus on how children learn about the world they live in and activities intended to develop scientific understanding the book offers an holistic approach, with key topics including:
- How children construct scientific meaning
- Tuning into children's initial scientific understanding
- How play supports the development of children's science ideas
- Providing a rich environment for learning early years science
- Developing children's scientific experiences
This handy guide is ideal to support you if you are studying on an early years course, or if you are an established early years professional who wishes to enrich early scientific learning in your setting.
About the Authors
Lois Kelly and Di Stead are Education Consultants specializing in primary science.