This new edition of the ASE Science Practice series comprises Teaching Secondary Biology, Teaching Secondary Chemistry and Teaching Secondary Physics and is an invaluable resource for newly-qualified teachers, experienced teachers looking to extend the range of strategies and approaches they use, or non-specialists looking for support.
The chapters include:
- an outline teaching sequence showing how concepts can be developed throughout the 11–16 phase
- an indication of the topics students may have covered in their primary science lessons
- activities to cover the basic curriculum
- information about likely student misconceptions
- helpful information about practical work and apparatus
- opportunities for investigative work and other aspects of ‘how science works’
- enhancement ideas that relate science to everyday contexts
- extension material
Topics in Teaching Secondary Physics
Energy by Robin Millar
Sound, Light and Waves by Carol Tear
Forces by Bob Kibble Chapter 4 Electricity and magnetism by Robert Strawson Chapter 5 Earth in space by Jonathan Osborne
Radioactivity by David Sang
The series has been written by a team of authors who between them have a wide range of experience in teaching science, supporting and developing science teaching and undertaking research into teaching and learning in science topics.
A partnership publication from the Association for Science Education and Hodder Education.