Terms and Conditions
All delegates are advised that in submitting a registration form that they agree to the following terms and conditions.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any event queries or call us on 01707 283000
Check the Annual Conference page for the latest information on booking, including changes, cancellations, full courses, full accommodation and latest additions to the programme. The site will be updated on a regular basis.
- Please register on Eventbrite at ase2018.eventbrite.co.uk where you can request an invoice or to pay by credit/debit card.
- We highly recommend pre-registration but you may also register on the day.
- If you are an ASE member, please note your membership number on the registration page. You will find your membership number on your MyDetails page when you log in. If we are unable to trace or check your membership from the details you supply, you will be charged at the non-member rate.
- Your delegate badge will be sent to you by email. Please ensure we have the correct email address to reach you at.
- Your delegate handbook should be collected on arrival at the Conference. From the end of November you will be able to view the contents of the handbook online.
• Cancellation of registration before 24 November 2017 will incur no cancellation charge. After that date NO refunds can be made.
• We recommend that all delegates take out insurance to protect against non attendance, particularly due to bad weather.
Payment method should be selected on the registration page and can be made in one of the following ways:
- Credit/Debit card
For the following options please select "pay by invoice" on the registration page:
- Invoices - Schools and other institutions/organisations may wish to be invoiced. Invoices should be paid within 30 days of receipt.
- Cheques - please make payable to The Association for Science Education and send to ASE, College Lane, Hatfield, Herts, AL10 9AA
• You will receive a receipt with confirmation of your booking from eventbrite.co.uk.
• Early Bird only applies if booking are received Friday 27 October 2017. Full standard rate applies if your booking is received after this date.
• ASE reserves the right to charge interest at 8% above the Base Rate for all overdue payments.
Individuals who are under the age of 18 are permitted into the exhibition but must be accompanied at all times by a responsible adult. Children are not permitted to attend conference sessions on the rest of the university campus.
• ASE member means: an individual member, a Technician member or a member of staff in an institution with Primary School membership. All categories must be fully paid up to qualify for the ASE member rate.
• The spouse of a member may attend at the member rate, if accompanied by the member.
• You can apply to become a member of ASE at the same time as registering for the Conference; you will then be charged the Member’s rate.
• To apply for membership use the section within the Annual Conference Booking Form
ASE negotiates rates for delegates with local hotels to provide accommodation throughout your stay at the Annual Conference if required. There is no specific deadline for booking as rooms are sold based on availability from the ASE allocation at each hotel. However after the 4th December 2017 there is no guarantee. Therefore delegates are advised to book early.
There may be photography, audio or video recording at the conference. By entering the event premises you give consent to the use of your photograph, likeness or video or audio recording in whole or in part without restriction or limitation for any educational, promotional, or any purpose for distribution by the Association for Science Education and any media partners who we grant permission, their officers and employees, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitising or publication of interviews, photographs, computer images, video and/or sound recordings. If you do not want to be photographed or videotaped, please notify the individuals capturing the information.
Delegates are advised that video recording of sessions for personal or school-use or wider distribution is prohibited without the express permission of the Association for Science Education and may be subject to copyright.
• Discounts are available for group bookings. Groups of more than 6 receive a 15% discount. Please select the appropriate discount on when registering at ase2018.eventbrite.co.uk
• Session presenters who are accepted can apply for a bursary to have the cost of their delegate pass covered on the day they present.
• Overseas delegates are encouraged to pay their registration fees by Credit Card, by completing the appropriate section of the registration page. This reduces the bank charges on currency conversion and saves delay in returning your confirmation.
• Payments made in non-Sterling currency should include an additional amount to cover ALL bank conversion and transfer charges.
• If you require a letter of invitation to apply for a UK visa, please ensure that your registration form is received by ASE in plenty of time for us to process it, confirm your booking and for you to apply for your visa. The applications must be prepaid. The visa application process can take in excess of twelve weeks.
• We are unable to send information for visa applications after Friday 27th October 2017.
• If you have paid your conference fee and your visa application is subsequently rejected, a £10 administration fee will apply.