ASE Home Counties Teachmeet at Bedford Academy
This teachmeet is a face to face event with a focus on practical work. This will be of particular interest to Early Career Teachers
We are delighted to partner with Bedford Academy to offer this face to face teachmeet.
We are able to offer this as a free event due to the generosity of the host school in providing the venue and the organisers/presenters donating their time. Please support ASE to provide these events and gain all the other benefits of membership for yourself by joining at: https://www.ase.org.uk/membership
Bedford Academy is a modern vibrant 11-18 school with excellent facilities, great support and an enthusiastic science department and one of team leaders from the Science department, Mark Lawrenson, will be presenting. We are proud to invite you to a teachmeet that offers the following:
• The chance to network with fellow professionals – ECT and experienced science teachers.
• Opportunity to gain insight into the arguments for carrying out effective practical work
• Gain experience in handling practical equipment and planning potential solutions to issues that may arise in all three sciences
• Explore the lastest scientific technology and equipment with support and guidance
• Develop skills and techniques for classroom management of practical lessons
• Improve knowledge and understanding of health and safety regulations
• Q&A session to increase confidence in practical delivery
Frances Evans will start the evening with a discussion about 'why do we do practicals' followed by the team at Bedford Academy
If you have something you wish to share - something that hasd worked well or an original approach to a concept please contact Frances at email@example.com
We will limit the number of participants and have hand sanitiser available and will implement all covid protective measures that are appropriate at the time.
We look forward to seeing you – Refreshments served from 4:00pm
Any questions or queries please contact Frances Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org