ASE: Practical Chemistry for Technicians Online
This exciting new online course will help you as a technician to change this perception about chemistry practical work.
About this event
Chemistry practical work is often seen as the most dangerous of the three sciences and often the most time consuming for technicians to prepare (and dispose of). On this interactive online course you will discover hints and tips to make chemistry practical work, ways to cut down ion technician preparation time, disposal and storage of chemicals, chemistry demonstrations, the required practicals and some innovative chemistry practicals to add into the schools scheme of work.
During the day there will be a mixture of live demonstrations, videos, chats about good practice and the opportunity to carry out some practicals in your own prep room (we will circulate an equipment list prior to the course, and only suggest equipment that most schools will have).
- Microscopy practicals
- Biotechnology (enzymes) practicals
- Microbiology (good practice / resources only
- Plants practicals
- Human health and disease
- GCSE and A level core practicals and ideas Resources Plenary and feedback
Outcomes - You will be able to:
- Describe a range of innovative chemistry practicals
- Implement good chemistry preparation practice
- Evaluate the importance of chemistry practical in the schools SOW
- Explore relevant health and safety issues around Chemistry preparation and practicals
For queries, please email email@example.com