ASE Technicians Leadership: Leading yourself and your team
This one-day course, led by Simon Quinnell, forms one of 3 day-long courses in the ASE Technicians Leadership programme, and will help with developing your leadership skills to change and improve how you lead and manage your technical service for the benefit of students and staff. The course will explore what makes effective leadership and management, help you to evaluate your own leadership strengths and areas for development, support you to develop a vision for your technical service and how you sell the importance of technicians to your school, look at how to manage your time more effectively, examine ways to develop and deploy your team and how you can implement successful change management.
Course Description and Programme
Outcomes from attending this day - you will be able to
- describe and reflect on best practice in team leadership
- evaluate your current skills and identify areas you need to develop to become an effective leader
- articulate a vision for the leadership and management for your technical service
- sell the importance of technicians to your school
- develop successful strategies for change management in your service
All refreshments, including lunch, will be provided as part of the course.
9.30 – 9.45 Registration
9.45– 10.00 Welcome
10.00 – 11.15 Leading yourself
11.15 – 11.30 Break
11.30 – 12.30 Vision and leading a team
12.30– 13.15 Lunch
13.15– 14.15 Time and change management
14.15 – 14.30 Break
14.30 – 15.00 Promoting the technical service
15.00 – 15.15 Next steps, evaluation
The ASE Technicians Leadership Programme is divided into three essential modules delivered over three days and these include
- Working with and training others (scheduled for 23rd January 2020 and 18th June 2020)
- Organising your technical service (scheduled for 12th March 2020 and 8th July 2020)
- Leading yourself and your team (12th December 2019 and 7th May 2020)
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com
Technicians that are responsible for the running of their technical service in schools and colleges need leadership and management knowledge and skills, to make sure their service to students and teachers is effective. The Association for Science Education recognises these needs and has developed a leadership and management programme for science technicians in schools and colleges. Whether you’re a senior technician or team leader technicians, a lone technician or if your aspiring to the senior role this programme can support you in developing your leadership qualities and management skills to deliver an exceptional technical service to your school.
The Programme has a flexible approach, so you can book on one, two or three days at any point and in no particular order.