ASE Technicians Leadership: Working with and training others
Working with others can be difficult and developing your team’s skills and knowledge can also have its issues. This one-day course, led by Simon Quinnell, is part of the ASE Technicians Leadership Programme and will help and support your leadership of others and how you communicate and work with individuals in your school to support an effective technical service. The course will also develop your training and continuing professional development skills and knowledge, so you can confidently support the development of technicians and teachers in your institution and beyond. The course content will explore, successful communication strategies, difficult conversations, developing your team, delivering effective CPD and training, coaching and mentoring and dealing with difficult people.
Outcomes - you will be able to:
- describe strategies for effective communication and assess those used in your workplace
- evaluate ways to effectively deal with difficult situations with others.
- describe methods of effective training, mentoring, coaching and feedback and demonstrate how these can be used to develop individuals by planning, implementing and carrying out episodes of CPD
9.30 – 9.45 Registration
9.45– 10.00 Welcome
10.00 – 11.15 Communication
11.15 – 11.30 Break
11.30 – 12.30 Working with others
12.30– 13.15 Lunch
13.15– 14.15 CPD
14.15 – 14.30 Break
14.30 – 15.00 CPD task
15.00 – 15.15 Next steps, evaluation
The ASE Technicians Leadership Programme is divided into three essential modules delivered over three days and these include
- Working with and training others (scheduled for 23rd January 2020 and 18th June 2020)
- Organising your technical service (scheduled for 12th March 2020 and 8th July 2020)
- Leading yourself and your team (12th December 2019 and 7th May 2020)
For further enquiries, please email email@example.com
Technicians that are responsible for the running of their technical service in schools and colleges need leadership and management knowledge and skills, to make sure their service to students and teachers is effective. The Association for Science Education recognises these needs and has developed a leadership and management programme for science technicians in schools and colleges. Whether you’re a senior technician or team leader technicians, a lone technician or if your aspiring to the senior role this programme can support you in developing your leadership qualities and management skills to deliver an exceptional technical service to your school.
The Programme has a flexible approach, so you can book on one, two or three days at any point and in no particular order.