Primary Science Conference
How can an effective primary science curriculum be developed to engage all and deliver progression in both working scientifically skills and conceptual understanding?
This year’s Primary science conference will focus on how to ensure every child is provided with the best introduction to science by reviewing the curriculum and its intent, implementation and impact.
We will explore how to develop curiosity and wonder while giving children the skills to enquire and discover the world around them. Throughout the day delegates, will have the opportunity to listen to a range of inspiring speakers and share ideas and good practice with colleagues to support in developing their own science curriculums.
By attending the conference, participants will:
- Review the components of a great science curriculum for pupils in their school
- Consider how to implement and evaluate the impact of the intended science curriculum
- explore how to develop teacher confidence and enthusiasm for science
- Consider how to recognise and use current good practice in science teaching and learning
- review resources which will support in planning and assessing
- consider how meaningful links can be made across the curriculum
Hertfordshire Development Centre,
Six Hills Way