RSC - Improving Engagement with Good Practical Science
Oadby , Leicester LE2 4AL, , United Kingdom
Objective: To support schools in utilising the Gatsby “Good Practical Science” report for improving engagement and therefore attainment in Science.
Outcomes for Schools:
- Understanding of Gatsby’s international research project; Good Practical Science. Introduction to the 10 benchmarks that define good practical science and how they can help schools when planning their own approach to delivering practical science.
- Supported self-assessment against the Good Practical Science benchmarks.
- Initiation of individual school action plan for practical science provision based on implementable outcomes from the Good Practical Science report.
- Awareness of support for implementation of the Good Practical Science benchmarks.
Key Speakers/Panel Members:
- Professor Sir John Holman: Author: “Good Practical Science” (Gatsby Report), Senior Advisor in Education at the Welcome Trust and Gatsby Foundation, past-President of the Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Martin Reece: STEM Learning Regional Development Lead, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire & Lincolnshire
- Rob Butler: Association for Science Education (ASE) Field Support Officer, Midlands Region
- Steve Jones: Director, CLEAPSS
- Ian Powell: Head of Science, John Ferneley College.
Thanks to generous support from STEM Learning and the RSC, we are able to offer tickets at the greatly reduced fee of £38 per delegate. This includes lunch on arrival (formal proceeding start at 1pm).
If this fee is a genuine barrier to attending, please contact Heidi Dobbs to discuss options: firstname.lastname@example.org