Technicians Supporting Biology (online)
Biology practical work in schools can often be seen as difficult to establish, often with disappointing results for students - change this perception with this course!
Biology practical work in schools can often be seen as difficult to set up and often with disappointing results for students, as well as being time consuming and boring. In some schools there does seem to be less biology practical work than both chemistry and physics due to these perceived issues.
This online course will help you, as a technician, to change this perception about biology practical work. The course will cover a range of engaging and simple biology practical work, good practice on preparation and hints and tips to making more troublesome practicals work (and make it easier for you to prepare). We will discuss where these practicals can fit into the syllabus and look at where to source the materials used.
During the day there will be a mixture of live demonstrations, videos, and chats about good practice.
- Microscopy practicals
- Biotechnology (enzymes) practicals
- Microbiology (good practice / resources only
- Plants practicals
- Human health and disease
- GCSE and A level core practicals and ideas Resources Plenary and feedback
Outcomes - You will be able to:
- Describe a range of biology practicals
- Implement good biology preparation practice
- Evaluate the importance of biology practicals in your school's SOW
For queries, please email email@example.com