ASE Futures: Leading Professional Development in Science Education
What is ASE Futures?
Members of this group are usually involved in teachers’ professional learning and members can range from university tutors, education consultants, teaching schools, local authority staff, Heads of Science and leaders responsible for CPD.
ASE Futures members provide support for initial teachers’ education (ITE) and continuing professional development (CPD), fostering high quality professional learning for future generations of science teachers at all levels of education. ASE Futures constitution states the following.
The Group exists to:
- Further the aims of The Association for Science Education, hereafter referred to as ‘the Association’, as set out in its Trust Deeds and Rules in the particular context of the work done by the members of this Group.
- Support the work of its members.
- Facilitate, advise and guide the exchange of ideas, research and development about science education.
- Liaise with national agencies on issues relevant to the membership.
The group's role is to provide continuing updating of information and developments in science education. This is achieved through research, networking and professional development within and beyond the group, and through responses to government consultations. The committee organises the ASE Futures Conference.
Why join the Futures Group?
ASE Futures sits on the cutting edge of research, policy and practice within science education. In order to further our mission, we need people who have the drive and determination to improve current practice and to shape the future of science education.
- 11-19 Futures Group - £149 per annum
- Primary Futures Group - £129 per annum
If you would like to discuss your membership options please contact the membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- School Science Review, four issues per year (not included in primary option).
- Primary Science, five issues per year.
- Education in Science, four issues per year.
- Science Teacher Education, three electronic issues per year. A professional ASE journal for all concerned with the pre-service education, induction and professional development of science teachers.
- Discounted rates at the ASE Futures Conference
- Special member’s price on all ASE books.
- Special member’s rates at ASE conferences and events
- £5,000,000 Public Liability Insurance.
- ASE discounted rate for subscriptions to New Scientist and Nature magazine.
- *Special Offer* Professional Indemnity Insurance
How to join?
To pay by debit or credit card:
Iif you wish to pay via cheque or direct debit, simply download our membership form, choose the appropriate option and send the completed form in the post (please note that we need your signature to implement Direct Debit payments):