Subscribe to receive ASE news via email Click here to subscribe!
- Our New Year’s Message and the launch of #SciTeacherSOS
As you come back from the festive break, there can be a sinking feeling at the prospect of more lesson planning, endless meetings and the not so far off shadow of the exam season and whether you will meet your performance targets. You would be forgiven for thinking “How will I cope with all this?”
- Best wishes for the festive period and see you in the new year!
As I reach the half-way point in my year as Chair of the Association can I wish you all a restful holiday and a New Year full of learning, networking, and exciting science.
- Our Top 5 Science Stocking Fillers
Give the gift of a great science read this Christmas.
There's lots of stocking fillers in the ASE bookshop for that special scientist (little or big) in your life!
- ASE Book Award 2017 Shortlist
The ASE Book of the Year Award, now in its second year, delivers four more exceptional reads that support the vision of 'science for all'.
- Members' Update: Committees Report - Winter 2017
In addition to our Trustees and Education Group, ASE has several dedicated committees and specialist groups who work on behalf on the whole of our professional network. Their expertise and experience forms part of ASE’s voice. Each committee periodically issues a short update for members about the work they are undertaking on their behalf.
- The Schools' Exhibtion returns to the ASE Annual Conference
Working with Science on Stage UK and Primary Engineer, the ASE will be showcasing teaching from classrooms across the UK.
- ASE acquires Millgate House Education
The Association for Science Education (ASE) is pleased to announce the acquisition of Millgate House Education (MHE), the creators of popular education books including ‘Science Concept Cartoons’ and ‘It’s not fair or is it?’.
- Researching the school curriculum - Can we get the balance of science right?
ASE welcomes HMCI Amanda Spielman’s comments on research into the school curriculum. We look forward to future inspections having greater focus on the taught curriculum, and especially the balance of science against other subjects.
- ASE Members Win National CPD Awards
ASE is one of over 29 licensed professional bodies with many hundreds of registrants. We are therefore immensely proud that two of our members have received this recognition.
- 10 benchmarks to transform practical science education in England
A new report outlining ten benchmarks to transform practical science education in England has today been launched by Sir John Holman.