Subscribe to receive ASE news via email Click here to subscribe!
- Featured KS2 Resource: Measles Alert
Today’s featured resources tasks your 9-11 year old children with stopping an outbreak of measles using their maths, science and research skills.
- Featured KS2 Resource: History Detectives
This resource incorporates links to both the history and English curriculum by encouraging children to become detectives to uncover what really happened in the case of James Phipps, the first child to be vaccinated against smallpox.
- Featured KS2 Resource: The Speckled Monster
Today we are focusing on “The Speckled Monster” resource which consists of three activities designed as an introduction to smallpox, and the development of vaccinations resulting from Edward Jenner’s ideas, investigations and collection of evidence.
- Featured KS2 Resource: JAMES the Film
Featured resource: Transport your pupils back to a time when smallpox stalked the world and introduce them to Dr Jenner, James Phipps, and the experiment that has probably saved their lives...
- Government Response: Make STEM teacher recruitment a priority
We've made a joint response alongside key stakeholders to the Government urging them to keep STEM teachers on the Shortage Occupation List.
- Call for Poster Presentations at ASE Annual Conference 2017
We are inviting contributions from undergraduate final year students; Masters students; Doctoral students; teacher educators, teachers, involved with any aspects of teaching, learning and leadership in (primary or secondary) science classrooms.
- Member groups amalgamate to create ASE Futures
Leading Professional Development in Science Education - Introducing the new amalgamated group called 'ASE Futures' (formerly NAIGs and ATSE).
- ASE Member awarded the Bragg Medal
Congratulations to Stuart Farmer, former Chair of ASE Scotland, who was awarded the Bragg medal for his services to science education this month.
- Linda Needham announced the next Chair of the Association
We are delighted to announce that Linda Needham CSciTeach has been elected as the next Chair of the Association in 2017/2018.
- Published today – The Language of Mathematics in Science: Teaching Approaches
The publication which accompanies The Language of Mathematics in Science: A Guide for Teachers of 11-16 Science is now available online.