Subscribe to receive ASE news via email Click here to subscribe!
- Member's Update: ASE's Education Group
A short member's update about changes to our education group.
- Call for Research Poster Presentations for ASE Annual Conference
We are inviting poster presentations as part of the specialist research theme at ASE Annual Conference 2016. Posters may feature any aspects of teaching, learning and leadership in (primary or secondary) science classrooms.
- Member's Update: Assessing primary science
This September the interim Performance Descriptors for KS1 and KS2 for the 2014 National Curriculum in England were published. These will be used by Y2 and Y6 teachers, for the first time at the end of this school year, to make teacher assessments of children’s attainment across KS1 and KS2 in terms of the new National Curriculum.
- Assessing primary science this Autumn
This autumn, primary teachers in England await final information regarding the new Performance Descriptors for KS1 and KS2. These are intended to be used by Y2 and Y6 teachers, as they make teacher assessments of children’s attainment across KS1 and KS2, for the first time at the end of this school year.
- Strategies to use with SEND students
Teachers share their strategies with SEND students and supporting organisations offer helpful tips and advice.
- New in the Bookshop - We're talking about evolution
We've just started stocking a great new guide from Millgate House Publications - 'Let's Talk About Evolution'. This is a complete guide to teaching evolution in the primary curriculum and ASE members receive over 25% off rrp. Buy from just £17.
- Consultation launched for next wave of qualification reform
ASE will be responding to the Ofqual and DfE consultations on the next wave of GCSEs and A-levels to be reviewed by the Government for 2017 onwards. These include GCSE astronomy and geology and AS and A-level environmental science.
- Chris Colclough announced as the new Chair of the Association for Science Education
We are delighted to announce that Chris Colclough CSciTeach has been elected as the next chair for the Association.
- Winners announced for the 2015 Bug Hunting Competition
We're delighted to announce the winners of our annual bug hunting competition. Congratulations to the winning schools and thanks to all the classes who submitted an entry! We hope you had fun outdoors discovering tiny creatures in their natural habitats.
- Everything Practical. Gadgets, Fingerprinting and more
Thanks for all those who made our regional technician conference today such a success. It will be returning in 2016.