Primary Science Quality Mark
The Primary Science Quality Mark is an award scheme to develop and celebrate the quality of science teaching and learning in primary schools. Schools can achieve bronze, silver and gold awards.
The Association for Science Education highly recommends schools apply for the award alongside subject leaders, head teachers, Ofsted, the Royal Society, the CBI and other member of the primary science community.
Special PSQM Membership Offer
We are delighted to be able to offer PSQM schools 20% off ASE primary school membership.
ASE is the largest subject association in the UK and ASE members are part of the dynamic community of teachers, technicians and other professionals supporting science education. ASE is independent and a powerful force in science education that speaks for all its members to promote excellence in science teaching and learning. ASE offers a wide range of member benefits to all those teaching and supporting science in primary schools. ASE membership is of significant value to schools aiming for a PSQM award and is highly recommended by hub leaders.
PSQM Primary school membership includes the following benefits:
- Primary Science – 5 issues p.a. of our flagship primary journal
- Education in Science – 4 issues p.a. of ASE’s topical house magazine
- Access to the member-only primary resources including over 120 Primary Upd8s
- A ‘golden ticket’ for free one day entry to ASE Annual Conference for all staff members
- Access to regional and national CPD
- Opportunities to network with other schools and science professionals
- Discounts on ASE books and resources
- Free access to the twice-a-year research journal for early years – Journal of Emergent Science