- Refund Policy
- Because ASE membership subscriptions are deemed to be annual commitments, refunds are not usually issued. Any member has the right to have their name deleted from the ASE’s membership database at any time, but in this event there shall be no rebate of any part of the subscription already paid unless exceptional circumstances apply.
- A refund of membership subscriptions will therefore usually only be made in circumstances where because of lead times e.g. in the case of Direct Debits, it has not been possible to prevent collection of a payment despite having been contacted by the member to cancel or amend their subscription prior to their renewal date.
- Please note that refunds will not usually be made to members who indicate that they could retrospectively have been in a lower cost membership category e.g. a full personal member who could have been entitled to the concessionary rate. The onus is on members to inform the ASE of any required changes to their circumstances at the time of their membership renewal.
- Whilst there is no entitlement, in the event of exceptional circumstances the ASE’s practice is to allow partial refunds based on the balance remaining, calculated on a pro rata monthly rate to the end of the membership year.
- If an individual pays for a personal membership subscription of the ASE, they will have a 14 day ‘cooling-off’ period during which they have the right to cancel their subscription and receive a full refund. If you decide to cancel within the 14 days, we will refund your payment within 30 days of your cancellation. This clause complies with the EU Distance Selling Directive and is part of UK law under the Consumer Protection Regulations that relate to distance selling. This law applies to all UK based transactions where the consumer does not meet the vendor. These regulations do not govern contracts between businesses.
- Access to the member area of the ASE website www.ase.org.uk is governed by a unique member username and password, which will be de-activated if a ASE membership is cancelled. Notwithstanding the above 14 day ‘cooling-off’ period clause, no refund will be issued if the ASE has reason to believe that a member has benefited by having had access to privileged member-only information, obtaining member discounts or registering for courses and programmes during the 14 day period.
- The ASE reserves the right to charge an administration fee (up to 25% of the annual subscription fee) for any refunds issued in accordance with paragraphs 4 and 5 above).
- Members wishing to cancel their subscription within the 14 day ‘cooling-off’ period should email email@example.com or write to The Membership Team, The Association for Science Education, College Lane, Hatfield, AL10 9AA United Kingdom.
- We accept returns of items purchased in the ASE for the following reasons: 1) Item arrived damaged 2) Item was faulty (for example, a book has pages missing or sections have been misprinted) 3) The wrong item was sent
- If you need to return a book for any of the reasons above, then just give us a call on 01707283000 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also arrange for a refund to be processed (including on any delivery fees paid) or a replacement to be sent. This applies to both UK and international orders.
- You may wish to return items that just aren't to your taste but you will need to return the book to us at your cost in order to receive a refund. Please ensure that you enclose your packing slip when sending books back to us to The ASE Bookshop, The Association for Science Education, College Lane, Hatfield, AL10 9AA United Kingdom
- Please also be aware that when a book is returned for a refund, we will only refund any delivery costs paid by you up to the maximum amount of the least expensive delivery method we offer. So, if you chose to have your books sent by first-class post and then wish to return them for a refund, we will only refund you what it would have cost to send those books via our standard second-class service.
- Cancellation of registration up to 30 days before the event will incur no cancellation charge unless otherwise stated on the specific event's booking information.
- If a refund request is made less that 30 days before an event, we regret that no refunds can be made.
- If you are unable to attend the event we welcome substitute delegates attending in your place at no additional cost. For security reasons, all requests for substitutions must be received via email at least 24 hours before the event with the name, job title and contact email for both the registered and replacement delegates to email@example.com
- We recommend that all delegates take out insurance to protect against non attendance, particularly due to bad weather.
- If unforeseen circumstances cause ASE to cancel a paid-for event all delegates will be informed as soon as possible and a full registration fee refund will be made. In this event, ASE accepts no responsibility for covering travel, hotel or other costs incurred by delegates and guests.
- ASE reserves the right to modify the programme up to the day of the event.