We challenge groups of pupils to work together to:
- identify a hazardous situation (new or existing, funny or serious);
- explain the likely consequences of potential hazardous events (there may be several different consequences, each with a different severity and/or likelihood);
- assess the risk of each different outcome (based on likelihood and severity);
- propose solutions to reduce risk (if necessary) by making the hazardous event less likely and/or reducing the severity of its consequences;
- distil their thoughts via art or IT into a poster, concept solution, PowerPoint presentation, animated cartoon or video; and then
- email their Entry Form and upload their results to the ESSS website for scrutiny by the judging panel.
Link here to the competition guidance and entry form...these documents can be found on the following site -: https://vegaglobalsystems.com/Resources.html
If you go to Resources, you will see, bottom left, Safety Competition. The three docs can be accessed, and downloaded,by clicking on the relevant box, then on the green arrow, bottom left. Also added here is an example risk assessment.