- Careers Talks from an Aston Martin Engineer
- 5th October 2012 till 19th July 2013
The talk, for groups of 100 students, from Year 10 upwards, includes a viewing of an Aston Martin car, and is available on a number of dates in 2012 and 2013.
- Bringing Cutting Edge Science into the classroom
- 4th March till 11th June 2013
An innovative CPD programme from Research
Councils UK and the national network of
Science Learning Centres
- STEM Clubs Teachmeet
- 23rd May 2013
You are invited to a free TeachMeet for Primary and Secondary School STEM Teachers hosted by See Science, STEMNET contract holders for Wales. The focus of the event is on Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths (STEM) Clubs.
At the STEM Clubs TeachMeet you can...
- Give a short presentation - tell us about what you are doing to inspire students in your STEM Club;
- Be an audience participant - just come along, ask a few questions, eat cake and soak up the inspiration.
- Receive a FREE Secondary STEM Clubs resource kit (worth £50)
TeachMeets are an informal and dynamic way of exploring a topic and are all about teachers getting together to share ideas. (More information on accompanying letter)
Tea, coffee and cakes from 4pm
Book your place: firstname.lastname@example.org or 07870351212
- Outdoor Education Event followed by ASE North East Region ABM BOOK NOW : email@example.com
- 5th June 2013
All members and non members welcome to come and enjoy an evening of outdoor education at the nature reserve , bring your binoculars ! Followed by the ABM for Committee members and any members interested in playing an active role on the Committee to attend.
To reserve your place call Cynthia on 07925100262 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Developing Expertise in Practical Chemistry
- 6th June 2013
This one day course is specifically aimed at supporting newly and recently qualified chemistry teachers of 11-18 year olds. Attendees will have the opportunity to improve their confidence and expertise in using a variety of practical activities to enhance teaching and learning in chemistry
- Southern Counties Region Committee Meeting and ABM
- 6th June 2013
Guest speaker and Region Committee meeting.
- ASE Northern Ireland Conference 2013
- 7th June 2013
This is a “One Stop Shop” CPD event for the proactive Primary and Post-Primary Science teacher and technician.
- Honiton Community College Teachmeet
- 10th June 2013
Learn something new, be amazed, amused and enthused at this informal gathering of those curious about science teaching and technology.
- Visit to Dr Who Exhibition
- 10th June 2013
South East Section of ASE Cymru/Wales
Visit to The Dr Who Experience, Discovery Quay, Porth Teigr, Bute Town, Cardiff.CF10 4GA.
Meet at Reception at 4.30pm
The meeting is mainly for teachers of Science but there is an equally warm welcome for others who have an interest in the subject. There is no charge for ASE members but non – members who wish to attend will be charged £5
Please encourage all teachers who are teaching science in your school to attend this event.
There will be an opportunity to socialize after the event at “The Cosmos” which is situated close by in Cardiff Bay.
Please let me know if you intend to come by sending an e mail to Field Officer as soon as possible (email@example.com).
- ASE Primary Science Annual Conference 2013
- 14th June 2013
This conference will focus on the new National Curriculum for primary science and aim to support teachers in making sense of the new requirements and how to translate the content into exciting and innovative classroom practice. A range of key note speakers and practical workshops will provide ideas for the classroom including sessions relating to the Early Years framework and SEN in the mainstream classroom.