Subscribe to receive ASE news via email Click here to subscribe!
ASE Members can view the latest information on curriculum and assessment changes here
- National Award for Technicians: Nominations now open
Congratualtions to the winners of the 2014 Salters National Award for Science Technicians. Nominations for 2015 are now open.
- Awarding great primary science across the UK
We would like to congratulate 390 primary schools across the UK, who have received the prestigious Primary Science Quality Mark, over the last month.
- A level reforms devalue important practical skills says science education community
The science and education community joins calls to the Minister for School Reform, Nick Gibb MP, to rethink changes to the assessment of Science A-Level practical work.
- DfE publishes KS4 Programme of Study
The Department for Education has now published the final science key stage 4 programme of study which is set out in the revised national curriculum framework.
- Working together for primary school science
In a joint statement today the Association for Science Education and Primary Science Teaching Trust reaffirm our commitment to continue to work in partnership to support primary science teaching in schools.
- Getting the best results from your practicals? Launch of a new practical hub at ASE Annual Conference 2015
Learn new techniques and fresh ways of doing practicals. Come along to our first ever practical hub at our January conference. The area is supported by AQA and CLEAPSS and will be the home of ‘all things practical’ during the conference.
- Lack of funding for practical science in Scottish schools
New research published today, finds that pupils in state schools in Scotland are not being provided with the science equipment and resources to meets the demands of the curriculum and that teachers are insufficiently supported to teach science.
- Win a visit for 2 to Eurospace Belgium
Attendees at the ASE Yorkshire conference this month will have the chance to win an expenses paid trip to Eurospace Belgium.
- Leadership opportunity at the Science Learning Centres
Exciting opportunity to work as an Executive Director has arisen at the Science Learning Centre.
- New tweet-up for technicians #ASEtechs
Join Phil Wilson (@floorphillaz) and the ASE Technicians Committee for the first dedicated twitter chat for technicians on 5 November at 8pm. The first topic for the chat will be about the important role of technicians in schools.