ASE Book of the Year Award 2019
This award has been designed to celebrate science writing that educates and inspires science learners of all ages. The award will be presented at our Annual Conference and hopes to raise the profile of science publishing and showcase the best authors.
We are seeking books that go that extra mile and support our vision of ‘science for all’, a book that could supplement a teacher’s understanding or something that goes beyond the traditional science curriculum.
Entries for the 2019 award now open. We invite publishers to submit titles for consideration.
The title submitted can be popular science or an educational resource. The review panel will be looking for books that are engaging, accessible and high quality. Each title will be evaluated by an expert, independent review panel.
Criteria for title submission:
- The science content has to be accurate
- Considered useful to teachers of science
- Textbooks and exam board specific material will not be accepted
- Published in the period from 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2019
- Books must be submitted in the English Language
- No eBooks will be accepted
- You are able to grant permission for ASE to resell this title (subject to terms)
Both the online submission form and the books must arrive by the deadline of Monday 1 July 2019.
Please contact Karen Dyer from our Publications Team if you have any further questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Panel's decision on the eligibility of an entry is final.
- There is no restriction on the location of publishers. There are no restrictions on the nationality, age or any other characteristic of the author/s.
- Publishers may submit up to 5 entries.
- There is no charge to enter.
- The author/s of the book will be the recipient of the award.
- Books must be submitted by the publisher and any submission will be taken as agreement for the work to be considered.
- The publishers must be able to give the ASE permission to sell the title through their online bookshop and at events; terms and conditions to be agreed.
- The review panel is appointed by the ASE. The judge’s decision is final.
- In the event of a book being shortlisted for the Award, publishers agree that they will supply a book synopsis, author biography, photograph of the author and book cover (licensed for royalty-free use and distribution).
- The winning authors should be able to participate at the ASE Annual Conference 2018 at the University of Liverpool on Thursday 4 January 2018.
- Publishers will be allowed to acknowledge the Award in subsequent reprints, editions and marketing of shortlisted and winning books.
- No books submitted will be returned to the publishers.
- The Award has no monetary value.