ASE Book of the Year Award 2020
The award is designed to celebrate science writing that educates and inspires science learners and educators of all ages. We are seeking books that go that extra mile and support our vision of ‘science for all’. The book could supplement a teacher’s understanding or be something that goes beyond the traditional science curriculum and sparks a child's interest away from the classroom.
The award is presented at our Annual Conference in January and hopes to raise the profile of science publishing and showcase the best authors.
The publication submitted can be popular science or an educational resource. The review panel will be looking for books that are engaging, accessible and high quality. Each title will be evaluated by an expert, independent review panel drawn from our extensive pool of members.
Enter your publication here
Please contact Jane Hanrott from our Publications Team if you have any further questions: email@example.com
Closing date for submissions: 17th July 2020
Criteria for title submission:
- The science content has to be accurate
- Considered useful to teachers of science
- Textbooks and exam board specific material will not be accepted
- Published in the period from 1 July 2019 to 30 June 2020
- Books must be submitted in the English Language
- No eBooks will be accepted
- You are able to grant permission for ASE to resell this title (subject to terms)
- The Panel's decision on the eligibility of an entry is final.
- There is no restriction on the location of publishers. There are no restrictions on the nationality, age or any other characteristic of the author/s.
- Publishers may submit up to 5 entries.
- There is no charge to enter.
- The author/s of the book will be the recipient of the award.
- Books must be submitted by the publisher and any submission will be taken as agreement for the work to be considered.
- The publishers must be able to give the ASE permission to sell the title through their online bookshop and at events; terms and conditions to be agreed.
- The review panel is appointed by the ASE. The judge’s decision is final.
- In the event of a book being shortlisted for the Award, publishers agree that they will supply a book synopsis, author biography, photograph of the author and book cover (licensed for royalty-free use and distribution).
- The winning authors should be able to participate at the ASE Annual Conference 2020 at the University of Birmingham on Thursday 7 January 2021.
- Publishers will be allowed to acknowledge the Award in subsequent reprints, editions and marketing of shortlisted and winning books.
- No books submitted will be returned to the publishers.
- The Award has no monetary value.