Chartered Science Teacher (CSciTeach)
Maintaining a CPD log for the CSciTeach register makes the reflection explicit and captures your thinking at regular intervals to make you see where your successes are, and where you need support to develop further.
- Jon Hale, CSciTeach and Science Council CPD Award 2022 winner
Achieving Chartered status provides you with many benefits including:
- Recognition of your expertise, experience and commitment
- A framework to support your future career development
- Ability to demonstrate your commitment to employers, colleagues and clients
- Access to a broader community of scientists working across a huge range of sectors and disciplines
To be eligible to apply for CSciTeach you must have:
- Individual ASE membership (or be the single nominated individual of an institutional member organisation that has added the Professional Learning membership bolt-on)
- An Honours level qualification, with a minimum of 50% of course content in science
- Four years experience of teaching science following QTS (or equivalence) including additional responsibilities over the past two years
- A Masters level qualification in education or be able to demonstrate equivalence through experience
- Meet the required competence standards and be able to demonstrate your impact on science teaching and learning
How to apply
Your application will be reviewed at the next appropriate Registration Board. You may be asked for additional evidence or clarification at any stage in the application process.
Upcoming deadlines by midday on:
- 9th February 2024 registrants will be confirmed after the Board meet on 24th February 2024
- 4th April 2024 registrants will be confirmed after the Board meet on 19th April 2024
Please get in touch if you need any help with your application, including informal feedback on your draft application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintaining your chartered status
Professional registrants are required to continually maintain and update their professional expertise and competence. A selection of people will be required to submit their CPD for review and they will be notified during October/November by email.