What is the ASE Education Group?
The Education Group is part of ASE's governance structure and advises the Trustees on all aspects of science education. Its 30 members represent all sectors of the science education community and speaks authoritatively on behalf of the Association to formulate actions to take forward the strategic objectives. The group is led by the Chair of the Association and meets 3 times a year.
Responsibilities and roles of the Education Group
The Education Group meets regularly in order to:
- monitor and promote developments in science education (across the nations of the UK and internationally)
- monitor and reflect the needs and views of members and others involved in science education
- encourage and facilitate two-way communication with members
- develop and maintain an appropriate and up-to-date suite of policies on matters pertaining to science education
- ensure that the Association has a range of activities that support members.