ASE 2024 Annual Conference
The ASE's 2024 flagship Annual Conference took place at the University of Northampton's Waterside Campus in January, from the 4th to the 6th inclusive.
2024 Annual Conference Programme - in partnership with AQA
The ASE’s Annual Conference is the UK’s largest science education conference gathering together science educators from across the education spectrum. Over the three days there were more than 250 sessions with keynotes, speakers and workshops. There was also an exhibition of science education organisations, social events and a special schools exhibition for local schools to show case science projects. This year it was hosted at the University of Northampton and took place from 4-6th January 2024. There were sessions focused on primary and secondary science teaching running across all three days.
- Thursday 4th January: showcased the dedicated Post-16 day and for those involved in leading and delivering professional development, the Futures Group programme begins on this day.
- Friday 5th January: included our Technicians Day and Early Career Teachers Day.
- Saturday 6th January: focused on Research sessions and hosted the Schools Exhibition (where teachers and their students can talk about a school project with posters or artefacts).
The 2024 Conference Programme can be found here. The ASE uses Sched for its live, digital timetable - for those requiring some guidance as to how to use the platform, please see the notes below on the FILES tab, which we hope will prove helpful.
Huge thanks go to the following sponsors for supporting our flagship event:
- ASE Conference 2024 in Partnership with AQA
- ASE Conference delegate badges for entry by Oxford University Press
- ASE Conference Technicians day (5th January) officially sponsored by Philip Harris, part of the Findel Group
- ASE Conference Post-16 day (4th January) officially sponsored by Gatsby Charitable Foundation
- ASE Conference Primary Saturday Lunch and Primary Saturday Teach Meet (6th January) officially sponsored by VITTA Group
- ASE Early Career Teachers' day on Friday 5th January, officially sponsored by the Royal Society of Chemistry
We held two evening social events at the University of Northampton; Thursday's evening meal was Jacket Potatoes with a selection of hot and cold fillings with side salad, and Friday's Curry & Quiz include da chicken or vegetable curry, rice, vegetable samosas and naan. Numbers were limited to 100 on each evening in Leathersellers Hide on site, which has a bar and a lovely relaxed atmosphere.
An FAQs document has been created (on the FILES tab below) which should hopefully help answer the majority of queries, but should anyone have anything more specific to ask, please email email@example.com
For attendees, please do complete our feedback form
We are offering the opportunity to enter a free prize draw for a £50 ASE voucher to be redeemed against our courses or books before the end of 2024. The draw will be done at the end of January 2024 and winner contacted by email with full details of how to redeem the voucher.
Virtual tour and map of the University of Northampton's Waterside Campus
We were delighted to be hosted by the University of Northampton for this year's conference. The Conference took place in two of their buildings - the Learning Hub hosted the majority of sessions and the exhibition took place on the ground floor of the Creative Hub, with a few sessions on upper levels.
Take their virtual tour to explore just how lovely it is at Waterside Campus!
You can also download a map of the campus from the files list below. The map highlights the two buildings used for the conference as well as car park locations.
Exhibitors and Promotional Opportunities
The ASE Schools’ Exhibition has become one of the most popular elements of the ASE Annual Conference every January.
Limited Bursary Funding available for Trainee Teachers for Annual Conference 2024
Thanks to the generosity of one of our long standing supporters and members, John Barker, we were able to offer three trainees a bursary of up to £150 to cover the cost of travel and/or accommodation at ASE Annual Conference '24. Applications are now closed and those who were successful were advised in early December '23.
Fo queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Statement on spam ASE conference contact list selling
It has been brought to our attention that a number of individuals have received spam messages from organisations purporting to be selling official ASE Conference attendee data. We take our data security and privacy very seriously and would never offer to directly sell or pass on details to any third parties any of our data without explicit upfront agreement or requirement by law to do so. Please do forward any attempts to sell our data to email@example.com so we can continue to investigate.